This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Crash Report crashing on login, Wayland session

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
errcsool
Registered Member
I am running KDE5/Manjaro20/Windows Surface Book 2

The issue is that I will login and it will cycle back to the login screen. When I finally get to the desktop, there are about 10 or so Crash Report modals that state that the KDE Crash Reporter has crashed, and that automated reporting is disabled to prevent further crashes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to debug this?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
There is no such thing as KDE5, could you please provide the information from KInfoCenter instead?
Also, if you can't login initially, how do you manage to get to a working Plasma desktop? A bit more information about the steps could be helpful...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
errcsool
Registered Member
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.73.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
Kernel Version: 5.8.1-3-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz
Memory: 15,6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 620

I am referring to KDE Plasma 5. I can log in, but it takes a few cycles of logging in. I've listed the login steps below

1) Boot computer into linux-surface kernel (or linux 5.8.1 mainline kernel)
2) On splash screen, select wayland session
3) Login to my user through splash screen
4) View Manjaro entrance screen
5) Computer screen blacks out for a second
6) Computer screen refreshes back at the splash screen
7) If login successful after step 4, view desktop screen

So once I get to the desktop screen, most of the time as of recent there is an array of KDE Error popups that state that the KDE Crash Report has crashed.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I edited your post to point out this is about a Wayland session, which might be the reason you run into a problem. Not my area of expertise, sorry.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...