This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Login/logout - errors in journal

Tags: plasma 5, kde, mageia 7, dbus, kdeinit5 plasma 5, kde, mageia 7, dbus, kdeinit5 plasma 5, kde, mageia 7, dbus, kdeinit5
(comma "," separated)
kde-delta
Registered Member

Login/logout - errors in journal

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:20 pm
Hi all!

It doesn't seem to be dramatic, but I have some error messages in the journal, for which I can't find anything specific apart from a couple of bug reports for some different distributions on the net.

My System is Mageia 7.1. with KDE 5.57.0, Plasma 5.15.4 and Qt 5.12.6.
I would like to get some problems solved, even if they don't seem to affect my System in a bad way. Maybe, they will become relevant sooner or later. I have looked into the journal because my plasma desktop starts up a little sluggish.

Here we go:

1. After the graphical login (log out, log in again):
Code: Select all
dbus-daemon [30913]: [system] Failed to reset fd limit before activating service: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to restore old fd limit: Operation not permitted
kdeinit5 [6446]: kf5.kio.kio_tags: tag fetch failed: "Failed to open the database"

2. After reboot:
systemd [4030]: pam_systemd (login: session): Failed to release session: Access denied

3. During the shutdown (this probably affects the termination of the processes):
systemd [3494]: pulseaudio.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
systemd [1]: cpupower.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
systemd [1]: webmin.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
systemd-logind [1130]: Failed to start session scope session-12.scope: Transaction for session-12.scope / start is destructive (reboot.target has 'start' job queued, but 'stop' is included in transaction).

I determine the periods in which the above errors occur based on the time information in the journalctl output.
Maybe a bit pedantic, but I'd like to get rid of that.

Greetings, Jens
Mamarok
Manager
OS
How about updating to a more current Plasma version first? Yours is not exactly recent...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kde-delta
Registered Member
How about updating to a more current Plasma version first? Yours is not exactly recent...

That's because I use the RPM's that come with my distro. I don't wanna mess up my system having one part pre-compiled packages and another part self-compiled. Atm, my version is the latest from the repositories.