This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Slideshow wallpaper missing after upgrading to Plasma 5.20

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MirceaKitsune
Registered Member
OS
After upgrading from Plasma 5.18 to Plasma 5.20 (openSUSE Tumbleweed) I no longer have the Slideshow wallpaper type. I see the other plugins just fine, such as Haenau... it's only Slideshow that's gone missing, which is the one I'm using so I'm looking to get it fixed. I still have the directory /usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow with 3 directories (contents, metadata.desktop (symlink), metadata.json) so it's still installed but not being detected any more.

Someone on IRC confirmed they're also getting this problem so it's not just me. I would like to know if anyone figured out what's causing the bug and how to get it fixed yet. Thanks.

MirceaKitsune
Registered Member
OS
This post clarifies the issue and offers a workaround:

https://reddit.com/r/kde/comments/jaqlr ... on_missing

Starting plasmashell from a console I could see the same message:

Code: Select all
kf.package: Path traversal attempt detected: "/usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.image/contents/ui/main.qml" is not inside "/usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/"

Indeed /usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/contents consisted of symlinks leading to identical directories and files inside /usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.image/contents. For some reason Plasma doesn't like that. Deleting the contents directory in slideshow and copying the one from image to it fixes the issue and Slideshow is working again. Is this an issue in KDE or a packing problem specific to Tumbleweed?