This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Removed widgets return on reboot

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pomegranate
Registered Member
OS

Removed widgets return on reboot

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:09 pm
Any widgets that I add to my desktop are permanently saved. If I delete them, they just come back the next time I boot. I'm not sure what to do about this, maybe there is some config file that I have to change? Accidental notes are cluttering my desktop. Any help would be appreciated.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Are you sure you are using Plasma 4? What distribution and exact Plasma version do you use?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
pomegranate
Registered Member
OS
My mistake, I was going to post it in Plasma 5, but then found this in the 'before you ask' section:

"Do not file bugs against the "plasma" product: these refer to the 4.x versions and should be kept separate from Next issues"

I interpreted this as 'there is no plasma 5 yet', so I assumed I must have 4. A quick view in the settings revealed that I am using KDE plasma 5.20.2 with KDE framework 5.75.0, however (on arch). Should I resubmit the question in the plasma 5 group?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Removed widgets return on reboot

Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:51 pm
Don't worry, I just move the post.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...