This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Simple Menu tweaks?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mikeypc
Registered Member

KDE Simple Menu tweaks?

Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:46 am
Hi! new guy here so I hope I am posting this in the right section..?

A little bit about me first , I started in computers way back in 1983-85 when i was about 12 years old so I went through most of all the PC's back then Vic20 , Commandor64 , 286-486x2 , Pentium , AMD Athlon , etc...

Software Lotus 1-2-3 , turbo Pascal , Basic (basica?) and MS Dos , etc...

But I only really learned Dos for the most part back then , in fact that is the only thing I still remember a little bit...
Anyways I pretty much used only Windows since Windows XP then Windows 7 & now Linux regularly every day for the past 5-6 years but started playing around on and off with linux about 12-13 years ago (Tried lots of distro's)
Switch fully to Linux because there is no way I am going to use windows 10... and also because I hardly game for the past 10 years or do any overclocking anymore (started way back on Pentium 1)
I pretty much got lazy using windows through the years... anyways enough about me

My question is about the Simple Menu in KDE plasma which I like the most follow by Application Menu & my problem is , that only Feren OS has the category on the right side of Simple Menu which is what makes more sense to me (see the link) & I like it a lot this way , all the other KDE distro's that I tried got the Simple Menu category on the left side when you installed it & there is no options that I can see to easily change it

Link--> https://medium.com/feren-os/the-all-new ... f3003e89ee

Anyhow is there an easy way to do this or installing a software/tweak that would make this easy as a few simple clicks & you're done?

Thanks!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: KDE Simple Menu tweaks?

Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:33 am
I suppose you mean the category on the LEFT side, as the Simple menu by default has it on the right side.
Modifying this probably involves some tweaking in the applet code, but that is definitely not my area of expertise...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...