This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Snap applications dissappeared from the application launcher

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hammad
Registered Member
This issue started when I changed my display manager from sddm to lightdm (uninstalled sddm as well). I can start them via cli and add them to the application launcher by associating a snap run command but that still leaves the issue at hand. The solution I found on google didn't apply to me as those are related to people using zsh while I just use the standard kde terminal Konsole
Mamarok
Manager
OS
you mean the login manager, display manager is something completely different...

Some more information about your distribution and exact Plasma version would be helpful...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
hammad
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:you mean the login manager, display manager is something completely different...

Some more information about your distribution and exact Plasma version would be helpful...

aren't sddm and lightdm display managers? anyhow even if they aren't, the issue still stands that snap apps won't appear in the application menu and this problem started appearing when I switched from sddm to lightdm. Details of my plasma version and stuff:- https://imgur.com/a/NXQc83i
Mamarok
Manager
OS
... you could have copied the system information instead of going through hoops to add a picture (there is a "Copy to Clipboard" button!), and we still don't know immediately what your system is without leaving the forum... just saying, making it easy to answer questions seems overrated...

FWIW: I don't use snap sources, and don't want to change my login manager to try...

File a bug?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...