This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't type in a widget inside a panel.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
marabou
Registered Member
Hello I'm new to KDE. I tried to add a widget inside a panel and I can't type into it (webslice with a webview in it and the default clipboard). I tried both latte panel (ver 0.10) and plasma default panel. Mouse click is ok but for input the widget does not get focus. Is this an issue or am I missing something? If the widget is expandable ie a clipboard icon, click on it and type on the popup everything works ok but if the widget is the actual popup component it can't get focus.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I don't know the widget you are talking about (never used it), but not all widgets are meant for use in a panel, and just by looking at the widget in question this seems to be the typical Desktop widget.

Since this is a third-party provided widget you should ask the author of it.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...