This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

system tray click to open does not work.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
shl
Registered Member
when I double click on an icon of a program minimized to system tray, it does not open the window (as I would expect). I have to go and chose from a menu "open".
kubuntu 20.10, plasma 5.19.5
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Why Double Click to start with? This is not Windows, usually Plasma and KDE applications should be configured to use a single click...

There are not many applications that minimise to System Tray, care to give an example? Depending on the amount of options available in the minimised tray icon, it might makes no sense to allow a double click to restore it... a System Tray icon is much more than just a minimised window, there usually are a lot of controls in there to allow to run it in minimised form.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Tester1701
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Why Double Click to start with? This is not Windows, usually Plasma and KDE applications should be configured to use a single click... care to give an example?

Hi. Sorry for updating this old and almost dead topic, but problem with double left mouse click (LMC) to system tray icon is still present for some popular applications: Viber and Discord.
That is too shame, that Viber technical support is too poor: I've created a ticked with issue there, but it is still no hope that Viber developers will resolve this problem. So, the only hope that DE developers will return the support of double LMC for system tray icons.
Sorry for my bad English.
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.6; Linux Distribution: OpenSUSE Leap 15.2
davidsilvati
Registered Member
This problem is related with package libappindicator https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libappindicator/+bug/522152

If you remove it, everthing come back to normal

Code: Select all
apt remove libappindicator1

or on my case, manjaro:

Code: Select all
pacman -R libappindicator-gtk3