This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

All icons went away!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cips
Registered Member

All icons went away!

Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:23 pm
Hello.

Just installed the KDE package with my Debian based distro (ParrotOS). The result is a bit strange: all icons are missing (from menu, bars, everything)
You can see an example here
https://ibb.co/nbZFM3n

I tried to re-apply the themes, but no luck...could you please suggest me how to approach this issue?
Thanks,
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: All icons went away!

Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:40 pm
It might be useful to know which exact Plasma version this is about.

FWIW: you probably have some packages missing, make sure to install all necessary Plasma packages. Which exact packages you need in your specific distribution might be better asked at your distribution, as packaging can differ a lot.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
cips
Registered Member

Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:46 pm
Thanks Mamarok!

Version is

Code: Select all
plasmashell --version
plasmashell 5.19.5

The strange thing is that I miss the KDE icons, but also the applications icons, which shouldn't be in the plasma package. It looks more a missing path somewhere...
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:02 pm
Again, this is most likely a packaging issue, you really should talk to your distribution

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...