This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Icons Only Task Manager thumbnails not showing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
awny
Registered Member
Hi,
I am using kde plasma 5.20 with xorg x11 instead of wayland (because wayland is much more slower) but that results a behavior where Icons only task manager
is not showing apps thumbnails, is there any workaround for this problem or that is a known bug ??
Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Probably not a bug, it is more likely depending on whether the application window is raised. You can't see previews of minimised windows

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
dreamndi
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Probably not a bug, it is more likely depending on whether the application window is raised. You can't see previews of minimised windows

Hi. In Compositor I set "Keep windows thumbnails" to Always and sometimes getting Google Chrome windows (which is not minimized and I didn't use it for a while) without preview. It is because of Chrome or a special mechanics to unload preview for long not active windows?

Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Sadly no idea for this one, sorry.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...