This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDialog doesn't show thumbnails by default

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
andrfgs
Registered Member
Hello everyone. I am using KDE Plasma 5.20.4 and whenever a program opens a KDialog window (or if I do it on the terminal), that window doesn't show any thumbnails by default. I have the button up there where I can click to toggle it, but is there any reason it doesn't show by default? Once the window closes, it doesn't save this preference, and I have to repeat this every time I open a new KDialog window.

Dolphin is working correctly on the other hand, it shows all thumbnails by default. It's only KDialog that suffers from this. Is this intended? Is there any way I can change this?

Should it matter, I am using Arch Linux 5.9.13 so that might have been something I missed. I have the thumbnailer installed by the way.
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

Can you give an example application where you've seen this behaviour? In my installation it does just work as expected, even on save-Dialogs or on opening files with calligra words removing the filter option.