This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows go below panels after reboot or turn off/on screens.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aquatic7
Registered Member
OS
Whenever i turn off my screens and turn them on again, or after a reboot, the windows go below the panels even though the panels are set to always visible.
In order to fix it, I have to right click on each panel and select "edit panel" just to close it again.
This is highly annoying.
Anyway to fix this bug?

Thank you!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
That is weird, not reproducible on my system with one single panel.
Do you use more than one, how many and witch ones?
Do you save your session on logout?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
aquatic7
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:That is weird, not reproducible on my system with one single panel.
Do you sue more than one, how many and witch ones?
Do you save your session on logout?

I have 3 monitors.

On 2 monitors I have a top panel and a bottom panel.
The top panel is for "global menu" (since I can't get "normal" menu on windows(another problem)) and the bottom panel is for application launcher, task manager and system tray.
On my primary monitor, in addition to the above mentioned, I also have a rightsided panel for easy to access apps that is set to autohide.
On the 3rd monitor i only have 1 top panel with 1 application icon that is set to autohide.

The problem is with the top and bottom panels that is set to 'always visible'.

Also, I don't save session on reboot.
It also happens just if I turn off/on my monitors without rebooting or anything.

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.4.95-1-MANJARO
DE: KDE 5.78.0 / Plasma 5.20.5
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I have three monitors as well (laptop + 2 external monitors), with one bottom panel on each external monitor, one primary screen and an additional standard panel for a few widgets, and I save the session on logout to make sure I don't have to search things on the next start...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...