This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to hide Application Title in Taskbar?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
skolap
Registered Member
Is there is way to hide Application title on task manager? I dont want to hide app name, want to hide only title of that app for example from below image i want to hide Download and new Tab not Dolphin and Google chrome.
beerislife
Registered Member
Right click on the Panel and choose 'Show Alternatives' and select Icons Only Taskbar
skolap
Registered Member
I don't want icon only, i want name of the application only.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I don't think you can, make a feature request for it on https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?prod ... %20Manager

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Hi!
As far as I know, the title is set by the application itself and Plasma just displays it. You can perhaps use a copy of the application applet and overwrite the title by displaying the executable or read the name from the matching desktop-file. The corresponding qml should be /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.taskmanager/contents/ui/Task.qml, which reads the appName from the c++-model. The complete source for the taskmanager could be found at Plasma Desktop - applets - taskmanager on invent.kde.org