This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Desktops number resetting every time I reboot my laptop

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gyro
Registered Member
Currently I have two virtual desktops, but I wanted them to be three, so I added a desktop. The problem is that every time I reboot my laptop, the number of desktops resets back to 2. Any suggestions on how to fix this so that I have 3 desktops forever?

Operating System: Feren OS
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.0-1-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Do you save the desktop session on logout? in System Settings -> Workspace -> Startup and Shutdown -> Desktop Session

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
gyro
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Do you save the desktop session on logout? in System Settings -> Workspace -> Startup and Shutdown -> Desktop Session

I applied that setting but the virtual desktops keep decreasing to two
gyro
Registered Member
gyro wrote:Currently I have two virtual desktops, but I wanted them to be three, so I added a desktop. The problem is that every time I reboot my laptop, the number of desktops resets back to 2. Any suggestions on how to fix this so that I have 3 desktops forever?

Operating System: Feren OS
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.0-1-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit

I found out it was a problem with my tiling script which decreased every time the number of the desktops to two, thanks for the help anyway!