This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem with Spectacle and Wayland

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-magix
Registered Member

Problem with Spectacle and Wayland

Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:07 am
When normally starting spectacle on Wayland, I cannot copy but only save screenshots. When I use the following command to start spectacle, I can also copy screenshots:

QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb spectacle

Can I somehow set this platform as the default, so that spectacle always starts on xcb?

I guess that this is a general problem with Wayland or can anyone copy screenshots on wayland directly?

I am using Plasma 5.20.5 on Linux Arch
Mamarok
Manager
OS
What do you do exactly when you "normally start spectacle on Wayland"? Normal can be through the Application menu or by pressing the PrintScreen button, so which is it?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kde-magix
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:What do you do exactly when you "normally start spectacle on Wayland"? Normal can be through the Application menu or by pressing the PrintScreen button, so which is it?

application menu, or terminal by entering "spectacle" only.
kde-magix
Registered Member
kde-magix wrote:When normally starting spectacle on Wayland, I cannot copy but only save screenshots. When I use the following command to start spectacle, I can also copy screenshots:

Can I somehow set this platform as the default, so that spectacle always starts on xcb?

I guess that this is a general problem with Wayland or can anyone copy screenshots on wayland directly?

I also isntalled X and can confirm, that the problems do not occur when using X server.
myzamri
Registered Member
kde-magix wrote:When normally starting spectacle on Wayland, I cannot copy but only save screenshots. When I use the following command to start spectacle, I can also copy screenshots:

It also happens in 5.22 user edition

It seems that the copy/paste image not working properly for spectacle for wayland ie QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland spectacle.