This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Built-In Display Showing Dell Logo After Boot

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Max Rodriguez
Registered Member
When I boot into Kubuntu, I go through the regular boot sequence and my built in display works perfectly fine. As kernel finishes loading, and it initializes runlevel, my built in display gets stuck on the Dell logo screen and my primary display (external hdmi) works fine with the login prompt and all of Kubuntu/Plasma.

https://ibb.co/1Q2STJN

Above is the image of how my desktop looks like after boot.

Haven't been able to solve this issue for some days now. Very desperate, tried the following:

- Regenerating X-Configuration for Xserver
- Checking kernel parameters in grub file and setting correct working params.
- sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall
- Have proprietary drivers (Nvidia-driver-460) installed and working perfectly. (Has fixed screen tearing, still is, so I know its working and its properly installed)

----- System Specifications -----

Kubuntu (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal)
Dell G7 Gaming Laptop machine
Nvidia GTX 1060 Mobile
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Are both screens supposed to show the same (replicas) or are those different? How did you set up your Display Configuration in the system settings? Especially in terms of screen resolution and placement.

FWIW: any specific reason why you use an LTS distribution rather than the latest 20.10 release? LTS are more targeted at businesses for multiple deployments rather than individual computer users.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...