This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Menu Flickering and Unusable, Partially Frozen Interfaces

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bunnyapocalypse
Registered Member
Hi all, I've been running into some pretty nasty problems that I think might be related to compositing(?) but changing compositing settings dont seem to help.

I've posted for help on my distro (Qubes's) forum already, but I honestly think that this is likely moreso a KDE issue than a distro issue.

Here's my forum post: https://qubes-os.discourse.group/t/kde- ... sable/2564

I'd really appreciate help if anyone might know what's up
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Are you sure you use Plasma 4? Which exact Plasma version, which graphic card and driver?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
bunnyapocalypse
Registered Member
Thanks for helping out!

I am on plasma 5.10.5, my bad. I don't know how I got that part wrong hahah! Should I repost this in the KDE5 section of the forum?

As to graphics, I am on an i7-6500u using intel's open source drivers.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Don't worry, I'll move the post.

Just be aware that your Plasma version is rather outdated, current supported versions are 5.18.x and 5.20.x, so your distribution should be the first place of support if they still ship such an old version.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...