This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Icons-only task manager prevent panel from auto-hiding

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
katerfindus
Registered Member
Hi all,

i have the issue that - with a top panel that auto-hides, and the icons-only task manager, the task manager prevents the panel from autohiding, as soon as one of the open programs opens another window (say, thunderbird opens the password prompt). /See attached image)

This means that I cannot minimize or close my currently open application, since the relevant buttons are covered by the panel that refuses to hide now.
Instead, I first have to switch into the other application that had opened another window, and then switch back to my original application.

When clicking on "Minimize all windows" in this scenario, the panel also stays un-hidden on the desktop.

I am not interested in workarounds that just avoid the issue, such as always showing the panel and positioning windows underneath, since my issue is with the panel behaviour itself.

Is there a way to force the panel to hide, even if a new window has opened in the task manager?

Thank you!

Image: