This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Legacy Kickoff App Launcher Localisation Problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Kresimir
Registered Member
OS
With the new Plasma 5.21 the old application launcher got replaced by a shiny new one, which is great, but a bit too cluttered for my taste.

So, following the suggestion in the Announcement Post, I installed the Legacy Kickoff application launcher from the KDE Store.

There is an issue with it, however: it does not respect the locale settings at all. I have set Regional Settings > Language as "British English", but the application launcher is displaying "Favorites" instead of "Favourites".

Normally, I wouldn't mind it very much, but I am using KDE Plasma on EndeavourOS (not "EndeavorOS"), so the inconsistency is really jarring.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Currently running Plasma 5.26.3 on Arch Linux (as of November 2022, the signature could be outdated by now).
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Please report this as a bug to https://bugs.kde.org and provide a link to the bug here.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...