This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Icons only task manager panel bug?

Tags: plasma, panel, icons, only, task, manager plasma, panel, icons, only, task, manager plasma, panel, icons, only, task, manager
(comma "," separated)
kde-coda
Registered Member

Icons only task manager panel bug?

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:27 am
This is my first time posting on this forum and i'm not a native english speaker, so bear in mind. I've been trying to fix this problem for several weeks but nothing worked out. The problem is that there is a gap while using a centered non maximized panel with only the icons only task manager widget.

The gap is only located at the right. This bug fixes from time to time but only temporarily.

I'm not sure if it is a bug or if it's intended. If it's a bug, how could i fix it?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Which exact Plasma version do you use, which Global Theme?
I can't reproduce this here, I can't remember ever having had a gap between the icons.

FWIW: I can't enlarge your images, so I also can't really see what you are describing in the first image...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kde-coda
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Which exact Plasma version do you use, which Global Theme?
I can't reproduce this here, I can't remember ever having had a gap between the icons.

FWIW: I can't enlarge your images, so I also can't really see what you are describing in the first image...

Thanks for answering Mamarok, here is my system information. My global theme and plasma style is Kubuntu.

I hope this image makes more clear the problem.

Thanks.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I am not sure this is really a bug, more likely a placeholder for further panel actions. Most people will not even see this as they have more than one widget on the panel, and a system tray on the right

Mind you, you can always file a bug on https://bugs.kde.org and see what the developers say

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...