This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Black screen after logging in after sleep

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mathway
Registered Member
Hello, Community! It's my first thread on this forum and, in fact, I am not so fluent in English, so please, be patient :)

The problem is as follows. Each time I go to Sleep state the screen goes off and fans are stopped and it's ok. But when I then press a button to wake up and provide my password in a login form with username auto-filled - it says to me that authentication failed. I promise you, the password I type is ok. I then press Switch user button and another login form pops up with username and password fields, another background, and different other buttons. But this form, instead, after pressing Enter seems that it logs me in, and the Splash screen is showed. But after a time either nothing happens and the screen freezes or a black screen with the only thing on it is mouse cursor is given to me.

Going to another text-based tty, typing
Code: Select all
sudo init 3
, then return to tty1 where GUI is supposed to be and typing here
sudo init 5
sometimes help, sometimes not. That behavior is undesirable for me, anyway.

It worth noting that If I merely log out, I can get to my desktop with no problem. Maybe, the problem is with that first login prompt which is introduced after I woke up after sleep?
Don't know.

Let's talk about my system configuration. I am using the latest Kubuntu 20.04.2 LTS. The Global theme is Breeze Dark, but recently I tried to make it Sweet which introduced more bugs into my system, so that I returned to Breeze Dark (During the returning I cleared .config/*plasma* and .cache/*plasma*).

uname -a output
:
Linux mathroom 5.8.0-48-generic #54~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Sat Mar 20 13:40:25 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am stuck with this hell. Please, don't leave me alone :) Any help will be appreciated xD