This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Login screen (sddm) turns display off

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
forevernoob
Registered Member
Hello,

If I boot my PC or logging off, after 10 minutes on login screen the PC turns off the display, even when plasma is set to "never". I want the display to be always on. How this can be done?

On Plasma 5.21.3

TIA
Mamarok
Manager
OS
The Settings in Plasma do not apply to SDDM, as the Plasma shell is not yet running at that time.

No idea how to disable the sleep option though, those might also be different in different distributions.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

This depends on the system you are using. You could disable apm (power management) on the kernel commandline, mask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target in systemd, … some UEFIs provide setup options for this, independend of the operating system,…

Without exact information no one can help you. At first have a look at the hardwares manual and search for the exact model your are using on the web. Then look at the wiki/manual of your distribution how to disable energy saving options on command line.