This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Application launcher

Tags: plasma, menu, application launcher plasma, menu, application launcher plasma, menu, application launcher
(comma "," separated)
jazahalka
Registered Member

Application launcher

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 am
Hi, is there any easy possibility to have a fullscreen application launcher (start menu) with also some sort of task manager, status bar, clock, and leave options and then just remove my panel? I was searching the web, but I found only this
https://store.kde.org/p/1236126/
what is not what I was looking for because it is only the application launcher.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Skrachen
Registered Member

Re: Application launcher  Topic is solved

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:40 pm
I agree that would be great, but to my knowledge this doesn't exist. I don't have sufficient knowledge of C and Qt to do that, but a customizable launcher where you can add a few widgets would be fantastic.

However you can have a bit better than the one you found. If you right-click on the launcher, you should have an option like "show alternatives". Click it and then you can chose between a few launchers, which include a full-screen one that also has leave options.
jazahalka
Registered Member

Re: Application launcher

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:02 pm
Skrachen wrote:I agree that would be great, but to my knowledge this doesn't exist. I don't have sufficient knowledge of C and Qt to do that, but a customizable launcher where you can add a few widgets would be fantastic.

However you can have a bit better than the one you found. If you right-click on the launcher, you should have an option like "show alternatives". Click it and then you can chose between a few launchers, which include a full-screen one that also has leave options.

Well, that is good, thank you very much.
My first concern was to just do not have any panel and thus have a "bigger" work area and have all the panel things in the start menu (application launcher). I will try this and see if it would be good for me. Maybe sometimes in the future, there would be such possibility.