This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Weather widget not working with envcan source

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chefniko
Registered Member
So, this has been pretty hit and miss for a while, but it seems to be totally broken now.

The weather widget can't seem to pull any data from the envcan source. I tried search for a city again and it just sits there spinning the icon forever, without any search results ever being returned.

The other sources seem to work okay, but they don't provide nearly as much information, which is really nice to have. I'd really appreciate if anyone could help fix this, or at least point me in the right direction to find some more info on what the problem is. TIA!

Plasma: 5.19.5
Framework: 5.74.0
QT 5.14.2
Kernel 5.8.0-50-generic
Ubuntu 64bit
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Please report this to https://bugs.kde.org, bug reports don't belong to the forum.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
burnonator
Registered Member
Thanks for your reply Mamarok.

I didn't realize it would be appropriate to file this as a bug without further information about what exactly the problem is. I'm used to going through logs, trying to fully understand the problem and fix it myself if I can. However, I'm not too familiar with KDE, so I was posting here looking for some direction.

As you recommended, I went to file the bug, and learned a few interesting things. First of all, it was reported and fixed 4 months ago. After reading this, I realized that I'm on an older version of KDE (which this fix was skipped in for some reason). I'm also really new to Kubuntu as well. I've only been running it a few days and I'm trying to get the setup finalized and all the kinks worked out.

KDE has been acting strangely for me, but at this point I'm going to find out why I'm not on the newest release, even though I have no updates according to Discover, and go from there.

For anyone else who has the same problem, it's filed here:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=429929
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Kubuntu is not a rolling release, so if you want the most recent Plasma version either update to Kubuntu 21.04 which will ship the now current one for the next 6 months, or choose a rolling release distribution.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...