This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable Klipper

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
schantz
Registered Member

Disable Klipper

Wed May 12, 2021 9:29 am
Hi,

Can anyone tell me why it is impossible to disable klipper/clipboard on plasma. It should be as simple as checking a box but there are none to be found.
Turns out I have to manually delete the plasmoid in order to remove it. I find it a serious security risk to have all clipboard history in that application.

Cheers,
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Disable Klipper

Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 am
Right click -> Clear history is not enough? You do realize that the history is only visible in YOUR user space, when you log out it is gone (unless you choose to save the history on logout, in your own user space), how is that a security risk?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Disable Klipper

Sat May 15, 2021 1:12 pm
You can disable Klipper from the System Tray settings.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001