This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Login script does not save (show?) in autostart settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chefniko
Registered Member
Bug below, but I think it is saving the script, but not showing. So now I fear that KDE will run my script multiple times every log in, which is not good. How do I remove the duplicate entries for the login script, when I can't even see them in the UI?

---

SUMMARY
When setting a login script to run in the system settings, it does not show again after I close the window.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Add login script to the autostart system settings.
2. Close the settings window.
3. Open the settings window again.

OBSERVED RESULT
No autostart scripts are shown.

EXPECTED RESULT
Previously selected autostart script is shown.

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Kubuntu 21.04
Plasma: 5.21.4
Frameworks: 5.80.0
QT: 5.15.2
Kernel 5.11.0-17-generic x64

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Konsole output:
$) ~: kcmshell5 autostart
file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_autostart/contents/ui/main.qml:35:13: QML InlineMessage: Cannot anchor to an item that isn't a parent or sibling.
Model size of -96 is less than 0
Model size of -13 is less than 0
($) ~: kcmshell5 autostart
file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_autostart/contents/ui/main.qml:35:13: QML InlineMessage: Cannot anchor to an item that isn't a parent or sibling.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Please file a bug report on https://bugs.kde.org, the forum is the wrong place to report this

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
chefniko
Registered Member
Please see why I posted here in my other thread. :)

Do you have any idea how to remove the duplicate entries through the command line, as the UI is not showing them?
chefniko
Registered Member
Henksteenbroek
Registered Member
I had the same bug. For me, ~/.config/autostart was not a directory but a file. I deleted the file and recreated the autostart dir. I restarted just to be sure and I could add scripts and applications again.