This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Application preventing screen locking

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
knapps
Registered Member
Hello, some applications (such as FileZilla) are able to prevent the system from going to sleep while they are running. However this goes further and blocks even the screen from locking after the configured automatic timeout. On the Battery widget it says "An application is preventing sleep and screen locking."

This seems like a potential security issue and I'd like to know if it is possible to set Plasma prevent ANY application from blocking automatic screen locking (maybe excepting games/media players running in full screen mode)?

Thanks.
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

As you did not provide any information about your operating system, one can only guess. Most systems use systemd to manage this, so have a look at systemd-inhibit. I don't know if there is a reason to prevent screen locking, but I think it should be enough to just inhibit suspending, hibernate and poweroff.
After identifying the applications, have a look at bug reports with your issue. Perhaps there is a reason why screen locking should not be allowed.