This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

After Update activities not working right

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rickkub
Registered Member
When I’m working on system I have four monitor setup running fedora 34 kde plasma Plasma 5.22.1.
I like to have Chrome on my top monitor displayed on all activities and desktops
so I can watch netflix when working.
But after the last update when clicking to a different activity chrome is minimize and when you click on it the activity switches to the activity which started the app. When click back the other activity chrome is minimize again. Clicking on it again same thing.
Looked everywhere for a solution with no luck.
Can someone help me here? Please!

Last edited by rickkub on Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joebuckley
Registered Member
I had a similar (but different) problem with activities when using the latest kde version on Wayland (but not on X11). For me, every application was opening in every activity (but only in the virtual terminal in which it was started). Perhaps the solution I found might help you.

Unlike before, the only way I could make an application run in one activity was to right-click on the app. icon in the task bar and use "show in activities". Perhaps if you explore around there you may find what you need.

I haven't yet found a way for F34 to remember this setting across boots.
rickkub
Registered Member
I fixed by problem by deleting all my activities and recreating them. It was alot of work but it worked.