This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Alt-Tab doesn't work within Citrix Receiver on Wayland

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tomdalla
Registered Member
OS
The last bug that prevents me from using Wayland instead of X11: in Citrix Receiver (icaclient 21.6), when I am in the remote desktop window (in full screen) and I Alt-Tab to switch window, it switches to my other host windows, instead of switching window within the remote session.

It works fine with X11 (ie, switches between the windows on the remote desktop).

Last edited by tomdalla on Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Do you mean running Plasma in a Wayland session versus an Xorg one?

This may be relevant:
https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX232298
My guess is that the Citrix program does not support Wayland, and thus is running in an Xorg session from within Wayland (called Xwayland iirc). Maybe checking this setting may have an effect on this?

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
tomdalla
Registered Member
OS
claydoh wrote:Do you mean running Plasma in a Wayland session versus an Xorg one?

This may be relevant:
https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX232298
My guess is that the Citrix program does not support Wayland, and thus is running in an Xorg session from within Wayland (called Xwayland iirc). Maybe checking this setting may have an effect on this?

My bad, you're right I meant Alt-Tab doesn't work on Wayland.
I tried
Code: Select all
TransparentKeyPassthrough=Remote
as explained in the linked post, but that didn't work for me (still tabbing through my local windows).
tomdalla
Registered Member
OS
Wayland session, yes.

Still not working with TransparentKeyPassthrough=Remote.
I hear a lot of good about Wayland, but not having a simple Alt-Tab within Citrix sessions really is a bummer...

Code: Select all
$ grep TransparentKeyPassthrough /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/config/All_Regions.ini
TransparentKeyPassthrough=Remote
kjetil_kilhavn
Registered Member
OS
Would this issue be solved by forcing Citrix Workspace (aka Receiver) to run as an X11 application?
According to some documentation it is possible to force KDE applications to be run as X11, but I don't know if that is possible with Citrix Workspace as well. Besides, at least in my case, Citrix Workspace starts automatically when I press a link in a browser window to launch my remote desktop session (a file with .ica extension is downloaded, and Citrix Workspace launches with), so I don't know how I would apply the setting in that case.

It would be great if this issue was solved. I enjoy the possibility to scale only the external display now in openSUSE Leap 15.4, but as the original poster I have to consider using X11 again unless I am able to run Citrix Workspace as an X11 application. I expect that Citrix will support Wayland eventually, but I haven't found (or rather, Google hasn't found) a word from them about any plans to do so.
tomdalla
Registered Member
OS
I am still on X11 because of that issue, and given the lack of commitment to address the issue it sounds like I am going to remain on X11 for a long while...
ag
Registered Member
Hi, for this who are still having this issue ( for Citrix receiver client or for any remote session client ) and its a blocker to completely switch to Wayland - found the solution ( or work around if you may ) -

Use Alt+Super Key(Win Key)+Tab
tomdalla
Registered Member
OS
ag wrote:Hi, for this who are still having this issue ( for Citrix receiver client or for any remote session client ) and its a blocker to completely switch to Wayland - found the solution ( or work around if you may ) -

Use Alt+Super Key(Win Key)+Tab

Alt+Super+Tab indeed works, but it's super awkward to use so not really a plausible alternative...
Alt+Tab is still broken (switches tab on the host machine), back to X11...