This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Task Manager bar to primary screen when monitor disconnects

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
willem-jan
Registered Member
Hi All,

I am running into this issue for several weeks now and cannot seem to find a solution (KDE Plasma5 on Gentoo, laptop with external monitor)

I have two monitors, one primary build in screen on my laptop, and a second external monitor on HDMI. When I'm at my office I need the Icons Only Task Manager bar on the second/external monitor. But when I leave and go on the road (i.e disconnecting the second monitor) I want the Task Manager bar/panel to automatically move to the builtin monitor of my laptop.

I know I can make another Task Manager bar on the primary screen/monitor, but that means I always have 2 Task Manager bars. Plus, I need to keep them synchronized in terms of icons and widgets etc.

Anyone a clue how I can make the Task Manager bar ato automatically move to the primary screen when I disconnect the second/external monitor?
willem-jan
Registered Member
Nobody an idea?