This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Plasma 5 Global Scale Display Configuration

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tech101us
Registered Member
OS
I've noticed that the Plasma 5 Display Configuration application supports the concept of saving the display properties "for only this specific arrangement", which seemingly works with respect to the various configurable functions for the Display Devices including resolution, Orientation, Refresh Rate, etc. Where I'm not finding that this feature doesn't work is the "Global Scale" value.

To clarify...I have an x86 tablet PC running the KDE variant of Manjaro. I'm still running X11 as some applications I rely on are still not supported well in Wayland. Often, I'll dock the PC via a USB-C dock where I have a 2K monitor set as "Enabled and Primary" and the tablet's screen as "disabled". The tablets screen is a 3K display in a 4:3 ratio requiring a global scale of 175%-200%, while the external display I use with the dock is a 2K 2560x1440 display where I use a global scale of 100%.

I believe what I am hoping for is a solution in which when I dock the PC (enabling the external display and disabling the onboard display) for the "saved display arrangement" properties to also recognize that the global scale needs to revert to 100% for this configuration vice the 175% or 200% I'm using when not docked. However, unfortunately I'm not seeing this behavior.

Additional details regarding my setup are below.

First time posting here...if this isn't the right forum (or I should be directing this to the Manjaro Team), please feel free to redirect me.

Thank so very much.

Chris
---
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.84.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.13.8-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz
Memory: 15.4 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 620
AidanofVT
Registered Member
I registered here just to second this post. It seems like common sense that everything in the "Display Configuration" controls should obey "Save displays' properties for only this specific display arrangement."