This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

task manager - right click menu - headers

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
amaadde
Registered Member
Huhu hello there,

I'm new to plasma but I want to change the behavior of the right click menu of closed applications on the only icon task manager.
Dolphin is a grate example, if I right click on the icon of Dolphin on the task manager a beautify menu pops up. The menu has headers like Places with some sort of sub menu like Desktop, Music, etc...
I want to create this kind of menu for firefox, so that I can choose my different firefox profiles or use it to start firefox with different parameters.

An here is where I don't know to continue. I started with the Manjaro User Guide, this leads me to the kde userbases and finally to the plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc file.
On grumpy gnome I could create a .local/share/applications/firefox.desktop file to achieve something similar and I was in good mood as I read firefox.desktop in the plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc file and to my luck it points to the same location, after I created it, and at this point it is easy to find the documentation.

However, here are my questions.
1. Is it ok to create the firefox.desktop file or should this be done by some other application?
2. It is just for decoration but the headers like Places in the Dolphin menu would be nice touch, so is this possible?

So, if anyone can help me with my decorative rooky question I would appreciate it.