This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma + wayland + touchpad gestures

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
eternalfloof
Registered Member
Hello,

I'm trying to get go-forward, go-backwards working as a swipe gesture for my trackpad. The usual solution to this is to emulate alt + left-arrow when the gesture is detected. On X11 this can be accomplished with something like xdotool, but I haven't been able to find any solution for wayland.

It looks like wtype should work, however it doesn't work for KDE because Plasma doesn't implement the virtual-keyboard-unstable-v1 protocol.
Ask: Is there something I'm missing here, or is it possible to get this on the roadmap? This is one of those papercuts that makes wayland a lot less practical to use on a daily basis as I use the gesture all the time.

Best,
troilus
Registered Member
I'll be honest... I'm using Gnu/Linux for a week. Waiting for experts I can tell you about Fusuma and its plugin Fusuma-sandkey, an alternative to xdotool and ydotool that works (the creator says) with Wayland. After a lot of exeperiments with Fusuma I have choosen Touchegg with Xorg 11 because more intuitive and simple for me. You could take a look at it.
eternalfloof
Registered Member
ydtool isn't being updated: https://github.com/ReimuNotMoe/ydotool and so I didn't want to take a chance installing it. fusuma relies on ydotool on wayland.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
What about libinput-gestures?

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001