This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Blurry applications on HiDPI screen (Wayland)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sputnikkde
Registered Member
I have 2256x1504 screen in my laptop.
I started to use Wayland because in general it works much better with scaling. Currently 200%
I use Arch linux.

I have a problem with some applications.
Firefox, LibreOffice, VirtualBox
In Firefox without any changes everything was blurry, but I've funded a solution
In /etc/environment I added
Code: Select all
MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1

And everything looks ok, but I wonder if that is the only (and the best) way to fix this problem?

In LibreOffice the interface is tiny. I tried many things but at the end the best solution was to add to .bashrc aliases like:
Code: Select all
alias lwriter='SAL_FORCEDPI=192 libreoffice --writer'

Now when I start writer from the console with lwriter the interface is ok with one downside. In options when I choose anything with drop-down list I can't see it. I can move through list positions with keyboard arrows, but the list itself is invisible.

Last thing is VurtualBox. (And this one is most important for me)
And here I can't find any solution. The main window of VB is blurry, and every VM I run is blurry too.
I wasn't able to find a solution.
I checked how it looks In gnome and It's quite ok. Not perfect. Main window is sharp as it should be but virtual systems don't have proper scaling. VMs are with tiny fonts and everything but to be honest I prefer smaller than blurry fonts.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
All those are not native Plasma apps or even Qt based applications, I fear there is not much we can do about. maybe ask the virtualbox people?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...