This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

"Restart is required" on every boot.

Tags: discover, kde, notifications discover, kde, notifications discover, kde, notifications
(comma "," separated)
Wispy
Registered Member
I've always been getting the notification asking me to restart "for the updates to take effect" but if I do it just comes backs again. Why is this happening and how to fix it?

Linux Kernel: 5.14.8
Distro: Arch Linux AMD64
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
DE: Plasma 5.22.5

Last edited by Wispy on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
wild guess: no idea, you don't give enough information about your system to know what is wrong.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Wispy
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:wild guess: no idea, you don't give enough information about your system to know what is wrong.

My bad, I'm not really sure what information might be required so I have edited my post to give you at least some basic info about my system
joebuckley
Registered Member
If you update using Discover it will request that you reboot to finish installing the updates just as you described. If you haven't explicitly updated like that, it might be that you have outstanding updates enqueued somewhere (and if not, it sounds like a real bug!).