This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Logout and Shutdown slow, oem image at logout

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
firewnd
Registered Member
Hello everyone, the problem I'm having is simple: shutdown and logout take around 20 seconds and for no reason the oem logo flashes 2 times at both logout and shutdown.

If I systemctl poweroff from terminal everything shuts down normally and fast

I don't need automatic saving of the session if that's what it's trying to do and I already tried every combination of settings in System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Desktop Session.
I disabled Hibernate since I don't use it and I would go as far as to say I don't even need logout if that's helping. Just a plain old simple shutdown. Can someone help me?

Edit: After checking jounalctl it seems like these are the 3 biggest differences in time between consecutive entries. If needed I can post the full journal from the moment i shutdown to the end. But these 3 alone seem to amount for 30 seconds
Code: Select all
Oct 27 23:46:26 msi systemd[1]: user-963.slice: Consumed 1.048s CPU time.
Oct 27 23:46:32 msi systemd[1]: systemd-hostnamed.service: Deactivated successfully.

Oct 27 23:46:32 msi kernel: audit: type=1334 audit(1635367592.242:86): prog-id=12 op=UNLOAD
Oct 27 23:46:46 msi plasmashell[1724]: qt.svg: <input>:406:376: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.

Oct 27 23:46:47 msi kwin_x11[1663]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 4711, resource id: 39846047, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
Oct 27 23:46:57 msi ksmserver[1703]: org.kde.kf5.ksmserver: SmsDie timeout, client  "/usr/lib/kdeconnectd" ( 106d73690000163536760700000017030011 )
firewnd
Registered Member
All of the delays were caused by KDE Connect. I tried to find a way of disabling it at startup but removing org.kde.kdeconnect.daemon.desktop from /etc/xdg/autostart didn't do anything.

There isn't an entry for it in System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Background Services so it always runs in the background at startup and listening on two ports.

I think it would be normal to have an option to start the service only if it's explicitly opened, if there is let me know. Until then I uninstalled it and everything shuts down nicely now ^-^
dzon
Registered Member
I had the same problem in a previous plasma version. I didn't find a solution at the time so I wrote a little zenity script for logout/reboot/shutdown. Like so:

#!/bin/bash

shot_type=$(zenity --list --radiolist --height=200 \
--column "Select" --column "One of these..." --width=250 \
TRUE "Logout !" \
FALSE "Reboot !" \
FALSE "Shutdown !" \
--separator=":");

case $shot_type in
"Logout !")
loginctl terminate-user "name"
;;
"Reboot !")
systemctl reboot
;;
"Shutdown !")
systemctl poweroff
;;
*)
esac

Named it logout.sh, put it in some folder and made a menu entry for it. Needs zenity. Adjust size to your liking and put in your name. It's not much, but hey..

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.