This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

how to have different desktops configurations?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
francorg
Registered Member
I want to have different customizations on different desktops, example one that looks like Windows and another that looks like Mac. How can I do that? (without creating a new user)
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Activities, and removing the stock panel, and replace it with Latte Dock, so each one can have unique dock/panel setups.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
francorg
Registered Member
claydoh wrote:Activities, and removing the stock panel, and replace it with Latte Dock, so each one can have unique dock/panel setups.

but can I have different icons or is it only possible to have different panels?
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
francorg wrote:
claydoh wrote:Activities, and removing the stock panel, and replace it with Latte Dock, so each one can have unique dock/panel setups.

but can I have different icons or is it only possible to have different panels?

Yes - different desktop widgets, different Favorites in the menu, different backgrounds, and of course unique docks and/or panels (if you use Latte Dock)

Here are shots of some of mine
https://imgur.com/a/fOC8hG3

The bottom one I quickly slapped together, and didn't add any application icons, just a few widgets, I don't normally have any desktop icons anywhere, and only use widgets on some activities.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001