This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Increase display brightness when charging starts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kerberos
Registered Member
Hi all,

i am relatively new to KDE, but used Linux for several years so far.
KDE version is 5.23.2, installed on Kubuntu 21.10 running on a HP Notebook

Today my battery went down that much that a warning appeared and the brightness turned lower.
After i plugged in the power cable, charging starts but the brightness did not go back to my default setting, i had to change it manually.

Is this how it's supposed to work or is there a setting that the brightness is back to normal during once the charger is plugged in?

Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS
The brightness should return to normal after plugging AC Power in, indeed. This should happen automatically without having to change any settings.
If it happens again, please report this as a bug on https://bugs.kde.org

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kerberos
Registered Member
Thanks Mamarok,

that was my expectation as well as i've seen it working on other distributions, but different UI.
I will check it again on a different notebook and report a bug.
kerberos
Registered Member
Had the issue today again. Battery went low, brightness went down as expected. But even the battery level reached a safe position during charging the brightness stayed low.