This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Broken Display/ Screen Flickering

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
amisid
Registered Member

Broken Display/ Screen Flickering

Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:40 am
Hi,
I use a PC with some old hardware cofiguration (AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor with onboard Graphics Nvidia Geforce 7025/ n630a and 4 GB DDR3 Ram).
Whenever I'm trying to use a KDE plasma Distro, I'm getting either a Black Screen or a Flickering Screen issue. I've tried :
a) Manjaro KDE
b) Fedora KDE
c) Debian KDE and also I've tried installing Vanilla arch and Vanilla Debian and KDE plasma afterwards but none of them worked.
I've tried several methods from several wikis, and failed to get it solved.
But surprisingly Other Desktop environments like cinnamon or xfce are working fine. The problem is only occurring in KDE.
I love KDE Plasma.
Is there anything that might help to sort this out?
greencloud
Registered Member
I have this same problem. Broke display happens everytime I boot up my computer while screen flickering happens in a random.

I'm using 2 screens. My main screen is 2560x1440 and my other monitor is 1920x1080. I'm using a desktop computer running Ryzen 9 5900X, with 32GB of RAM, and NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti. All storage devices are in SSDs. Every time I boot up my startup apps will show up on my #2 screen as well as the taskbar. Every time I would need to re-configure my display settings to change my primary monitor. Then randomly, on a click of a mice, my screen would flicker (see pic below) or minimize all open programs as if one clicked on Super+D.

I was using Cinnamon DE prior to this and had some issue with the file manager so I tried KDE Plasma for a change which I really liked but this flickering issue really affects my productivity. Is there a way to fixed this issue? Any insights will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

This is what my screen looks like when broken/flickering: