This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Error when changing user profile picture

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dibs
Registered Member
Hello to all,

I'm writing because I'm facing a unexpected error when I try to change the profile picture of a particular user.

On my system, I have 2 users (user1 and user2). When I tried to change the user1 profile picture, the following message is displayed:
"An error has occurred when trying to save the current changes".
Here is a screenshot: https://ibb.co/gd2PBz3

This error appears only if I try to use a custom picture. For the default ones, there is no error.
I didn't have this error while changing user2 profile picture.

User1 was the user I created during Debian install (no root user was created)

For information, I'm running
  • KDE Plasma 5.20.5
  • KDE Frameworks 5.78.0
  • Version Qt 5.15.2
  • Kernel 5.10.0-9-amd64
  • Debian 11

Can you guys help me ?
Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Marc
gwenbunny
Registered Member
Im having the same problem. I made a custom profile picture in Inkscape, exported it as a PNG image, and when attempting to change the profile picture, I receive the notification "There was an error while saving changes"

does anyone know how to fix this, or is it a known bug thats being worked on?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Sadly the screenshot is gone, care to provide a recent one?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
locutusofborg
Registered Member
OS
I'm running Arco Linux with Plasma 5.24.0 and I get the "he was an error while saving changes" rather I'm trying to change my user image or add my own email address. Is there a fix for this yet? Thanks

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=449385

Resistance Is Futile, Linux Will Assimilate You