This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Automatic screen rotation problem (2-in-1 laptop).

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alan
Registered Member
Hello,

I encounter a problem with the automatic rotation under my 2-in-1 laptop PC (laptop / tablet PC). I use the latest version of KDE Plasma 5 (5.23.4) with Wayland, IIO-Sensor-Proxy, the last stable kernel, and with the last recent versions of software (I'm on Manjaro KDE 21.2). When I use the manual rotation via the parameters, the rotation is perfect in all directions (normal, left, right, 360 °). On the other hand, when I use the automatic rotation without activating the 'tablet' option, It is done smoothly but when I flip the screen at 90 ° (left or right), the screen is reversed (the task bar is located above and reversed). ACC_MOUNTMATRIX values are correct because it worked before (Here they are: Accel_mount_Matrix = -1, 0, 0; 0, 1, 0; 0, 0, 1). I did a test with the monitor-sensor command, here are the results: right: Right-up, horizontal: normal, left: Left-up

I don't understand where the problem comes from. Do you have an idea ? Must I activate the 'tablet' option with the automatic rotation to make it work ?

Finally, I can detach the screen from the base (keyboard), so I have a tablet. How it works if I enable the tablet option in the parameters of KDE for my hardware ? What happens with the automatic rotation if my screen is removed from the base ? How KDE can see I'm in tablet mode ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards.

Alan.
alan
Registered Member
Hello,

is someone of the KDE team can help me ?

Thanks.