This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Bluetooth Input

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
yakihuevo
Registered Member

Bluetooth Input

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:02 am
hello, I installed the KDE plasma 5 desktop environment a few days ago on Ubuntu 21.10. Before i was using GNOME and for the most part i'm loving the change. But the problem is when I try to connect my Bluetooth earbuds KDE detects them perfectly fine and the output works great but i dont get an option to use the microphone in my earbuds. This wasn't a problem in GNOME because when im in the GNOME desktop environment i dont have this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Bluetooth Input  Topic is solved

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:05 pm
You may have to go to the Audio settings, in System Settings., and see if you can change the profile for the buds, and select one that allows for mic access. Mine have 5 or so different profiles, the standard A2DP, plus a few others that include access to the mic.

Since both Gnome and Plasma are both using Pulseaudio/et c, it does seem odd that they are acting differently, but depending on how you added Plasma to Ubuntu, there is always the chance that the two DEs are competing with each other in some way.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
yakihuevo
Registered Member

Re: Bluetooth Input

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:34 pm
thank you so much. I switched the profile from A2DP Sink to HFP and it works now!