This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

make Kickoff resizeable

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
shaojun
Registered Member

make Kickoff resizeable

Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:41 am
hi everybody, I very love kde desktop envionment, and I hope Kickoff can resizeable.
thanks.
dzon
Registered Member

Re: make Kickoff resizeable

Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:13 pm
I don't use the default kickoff, but I think it's resizable nowadays. Depending on your version, there is a resizable one available on the kde store. Otherwise, use the cupnoodle kickoff grid instead ( which is better imo).

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
xxzlmhs
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:52 am
shaojun wrote:hi everybody, I very love kde desktop envionment, and I hope Kickoff can resizeable.
thanks.

You can drag (right buttom of your mouse) the edge of Kickoff window with Meta/Win key pushed.
but it seems can not hold once rebooted, I wonder how to keep its size.

Maybe someone can edit one of the files here ( /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.kickoff/contents ) to set it. I don't know how to do it...
dzon
Registered Member

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:45 am
Normally you can resize those widget sizes in, in this case, in /usr/local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.kickoff/content/ui/FullRepresentation.qml by adjusting the Layout.minimumWidth. But in this case it seems that some other parameters get changed too. So no. There are other menus available.
That resizable kickoff that was mentioned here has a bug. It'll pop up centered at each logout/reboot. Myself, I've been using Cupnoodle's kickoff for a long time https://store.kde.org/p/1317546/.

Resizable issue: https://imgur.com/a/LWturqF

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.