This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Hang Screen when Using Qemu + BLFS + KDE Plasma 5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
glanzkaiser
Registered Member
Good day to KDE Community,

I am following BLFS book (System V) version 11.0 (https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/v ... a-all.html)
I am using Dell Precision laptop 6510 with 8 GB RAM and running Qemu/KVM with virtual OS Arch Linux to create LFS then BLFS OS and I want to try KDE Plasma. I have installed KF Framework 5.85.0, follow the guide from the book and not deviating at all.

I use LXDM as my Display manager (to login and choose Desktop), I managed to get Fluxbox Installed, now I am trying KDE Plasma at LXDM when I try to login to Plasma (X11) the screen hang.
Because I am using Qemu, the Graphics card is QXL Paravirtual Graphics Card and I have the driver installed and kernel configuration made for this QXL Paravirtual Graphics card (module enabled).

My question is why I can't make KDE Plasma works? Is it because of I am using Qemu? or do I miss to install certain dependencies, I do not have any idea whether I am installing KF Framework 5.85.0 right or is the problem is the installation of KDE Plasma 5, I do not want to install QtWebEngine since I won't use internet too much. Is that Okay?

Another Info:
When installing the packages for KDE Plasma there are required packages that are missing, those are:
Install KIOExtras
KIOFuse
prison-QMLModule
plasma core-QMLModule
AppMenuGTKModule

Do these packages need to be installed to make KDE Plasma running and works even inside Qemu? But these are not included in the BLFS book, so I am quite questioning here about the required packages above.
Thank You