This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to change icon sizes in icons-only task manager?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TheJollyDuck
Registered Member
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to change the icon sizes of the icons-only task manager to something smaller than that of the panel? I know there have been posts that mention that you can reduce the size of them by reducing the height of the panel, but I'd rather not change the height of it at all.

What I currently have:
https://i.nuuls.com/lqkGj.png

Since the icons are quite big, there isn't any padding for the boxes to the edge of the panel and looks quite bad. If I can't change the icon sizes, is there a way I could add padding in that regard?

Current version of KDE plasma I'm using is 5.24.4
mattheww
Registered Member
I don't think there is a way to change the size of the icons without changing the height of the panel, but I might be wrong.
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

The margins seem to be defined in Systemsettings → Global Theme → Plasma Style and viewable using `plasmathemeexplorer`. Just switch to Breeze or Oxygen to check.
dzon
Registered Member
The margins and paddings ( and as such the size) are defined in the plasma theme. You could try a setting in system settings>appearance>icons. In the bottom left there's a icon setting. But in general, it's defined by the theme itself.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.