This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Second monitor stay black after wake up

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wawavoun
Registered Member
Hello there,

I use now Kubuntu 22.04 and I noticed a problem when the computer wake up after standby.

Basically after boot KDE correctly use both monitors (one vga and one hdmi).
After a standby the secondary monitor (hdmi in my case) stay black and in power saving mode (no hdmi signal).

At that point going out of the session or restart the computer did not change anything.
If I go into Windows everything is ok.

I get my second monitor back after using xrandr in my session but i am unsure if there is a link.

When the problem occur during bios boot, kubuntu boot and session opening both displays are working, the second one come black just after the session opening and the KDE turning gear display...

At install both monitors was immediately and correctly detected so I do not made any change in the configuration on that point.

I also notice that the board of each screen is misdetected and that when I put an app in full screen mode a very small part is displayed on the other screen.

Any idea what happen and how to solve the problem ?
Regards.
Philippe
matthiasseu
Registered Member
Hello!

I have the same troubles, but was thinking the issue comes from my lenovo thunderbold 4 docking station, mybe you have the same??
But anyway, at the moment my implemented workarround works, hopefully there exist a real solution for it in the near future.

The workarround is a simple bashscript on the desktop which execute the folloing after doubleclick and confirmation for execution:
#!/bin/bash
xset dpms force off

Sometimes it take several seconds for the result, so you need some patience....

My Hardware:
Lenovo P1 G4 with Nvidia - with latest biosupdate
Lenovo Thunderbold 4 Docking Station - with latest firmware
2x Samsung LU28R552UQRXEN
1 monitor connected with HDMI the other with Displayport, otherwise sometimes the system freezes
But both Monitors running with 2560x1440 because 2560x1600 is tosmall for my eyes

Mybe my workarround is helpfuil...

kind regards
Matthias