This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dashboard problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jean-luc-k
Registered Member
OS

Dashboard problem

Mon May 23, 2022 2:39 pm
Hi, since a new installation of Manjaro KDE Plasma, I have a small problem with the dashboard, I would like to shrink it and center it at the bottom of the screen but here, the small arrows that usually appear completely on the right to change it, are completely absent.
I put myself in Edit mode, there is the icon to move the dashboard but not this little arrow to change its size.

Any ideas?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Dashboard problem

Fri May 27, 2022 4:37 pm
The Application Dashboard has always been full screen only AFAIK, if you want a smaller application launcher, check out the alternatives.
None of those are resizeable anymore, don't remember when this changed but it sure was a while ago.

Or do you mean the Panel? That is editable as always.

Mind you, if you talk about a different application like the Latte Dock this is yet a different item alltogeher.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jean-luc-k
Registered Member
OS

Mon May 30, 2022 8:46 am
I am talking about the default dashboard.

See on the screenshot : I only have the move icon (with the 4 little arrows) on the right.

The arrows to change the size of the dashboard (as on the picture) do not appear in my case.

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Mon May 30, 2022 2:34 pm
Right, translation issues here, that is called a panel in English, not a Dashboard.

Did you try hovering on the upper boarder and click to change the size? In my case, panel centred as well, there is a space on the right of the options pop-up, so maybe your panel holds too many items already or has a separator that makes it go wider than the screen. Looks like something is cut off at the right edge.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jean-luc-k
Registered Member
OS

Mon May 30, 2022 2:54 pm
I tried everything in vain. I know this system well because I've done it many times before...
I don't understand why these arrows are missing to change the size of this panel, then.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Mon May 30, 2022 4:20 pm
I suggest you file a bug to your distribution, they can upstream it if it is a Plasma issue.

jean-luc-k
Registered Member
OS

Mon May 30, 2022 4:27 pm
OK thank you.