This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kscreen layout memory

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bassmannate
Registered Member

kscreen layout memory

Fri May 27, 2022 11:49 pm
I'm currently running KDE on a fresh install of EndevourOS on a laptop with a thunderbolt dock. The issue I'm having is if I unplug the dock, it goes back to my internal screen just fine but when I plug back in, the monitors will wake up with the correct layout for a few seconds but then it will disable the external monitors causing them to turn back off. To restore function, I have to go into kscreen and enable the external monitors and redo my layout.

Is there some kind of workaround or fix for this? It's nice to be able to carry my laptop around and use it on the go and then plug in at the desk to have 3 monitors on top of the full size keyboard and mouse but such a pain to rearrange the whole desktop every time I plug in.
bassmannate
Registered Member

Re: kscreen layout memory

Mon May 30, 2022 9:48 pm
Just wanted to post that I accidentally fixed this while trying to fix something else by installing the zen kernel. I can now unplug and replug my dock and the monitors stay in the right arrangement.