This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Different VDs and Application Configs When Docked?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
CoryG
Registered Member
Is there a way to configure different sets of virtual desktops and application configurations when docked?

I'm using a laptop with virtual desktops and application+window settings to make applications exist in specific virtual desktops by application (artwork, development, email, web, various work and project VMs broken out by client, etc) on a laptop.

I'd like to be able to dock my laptop to a 3 or 4 monitor docking station and have the virtual desktop and application+window settings binding specific applications or different windows in the same application to different monitors (e.g. an "artwork" virtual desktop which sticks Gimp and Blender inside it on different monitors rather than having a separate 2D and 3D virtual desktop, a "work" virtual desktop which holds 3-4 VMs on different monitors for separate clients, etc.)

Is this something KDE Plasma already supports? If so, how would I go about setting it up?