This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KF5 version provided as "5.95.0" (with quotes)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
spaceshooter
Registered Member
Hi all,
Usually I solve my problems through Google, but I can't find anythig that coul help me for this case.

I've encountered problem when I was trying to install "Intel P-state and CPUFreq Manager Widget" from https://github.com/frankenfruity/plasma-pstate. In CMakeLists.txt there's this code:
Code: Select all
find_package(KF5 REQUIRED COMPONENTS
    Plasma
    I18n
)
And cmake returns this error:
Code: Select all
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.22/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
  Could NOT find KF5 (missing: Plasma) (found version "5.95.0")
I tried to solve this by changing "Plasma" requirement for "5.95.0" as is exists in my system. But now I get the same error but with 5.95.0 instead of Plasma.
So I think that KF5 provides it's version as "5.95.0" (with quotes), not 5.95.0. I have no ideas how to fix that. Can anyone suggest what should I do to fix this issue?
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
You are missing some unspecified dev packages, the build instructions don't say which ones. Are there other lines both before and past the error that give some more details perhaps? You likely are seeing a ton of lines saying "could not find blah-blah"

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
spaceshooter
Registered Member
No errors related to missing dependencies. In fact, this is the only error that happens during installation (at least to the point where it hits this version "mismatch").
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Still, in order to compile the code, you will need some -dev libraries and other related packages installed. What they are, specifically, will depend on the distro, and whatever the item needs. The output from cmake usually shows info about the missing things, somewhere.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001